Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Quiet Camera Day

Today turned out to be one of those days where nothing tickled my fancy photowise. I'm not worried. Those sort of days happen, especially on mellow days where I spend much of the time in the house doing chores. Any shot I considered there seemed to planned and contrived.

When I did leave the house, I spent most of my time out of it at the movies. Went to see Juno with my friend, Kate. Highly recommend it. One of the best things I've seen in quite some time.

I thought about taking a screen shot or two during the film, but I didn't want to be accused of being a film pirate.

After the movie, we stopped for dinner at an Indian place, Cafe Tandoor. Again...nothing out of the ordinary to get my photographic creativity flowing...anything I considered taking seemed too premeditated. Tried to get a picture of the feast on the table...it was too dark in there...and frankly, I felt like I was trying to hard to come up with something. A creative block. It happens. I'll try again tomorrow.

I'm not going to force this blog. I'll post pics when something materializes that I think is worthwhile. I'm not going to go out and about with the sole purpose of finding the perfect pic. I'm all about photographic spontaneity.

No comments: