Sunday, January 20, 2008

The All-Day Sunday Brunch

A couple of days ago, my friend Steve called me up to see what's new and exciting.

We've known each other since we were in Mrs. Turnblacer's 6th grade class at Hudson Junior High back in the 1980s. I hadn't heard from him since the holidays and realized we hadn't got together since early October. We decided it was time to meet up and agreed to go to brunch today. An event I always look forward to and enjoy immensely.


He and his friend, Jarvis, picked me up and we went to Johnny Mango World Cafe, their favorite brunching spot...much to my delight. They have my favorite mojitos in town.


We settled into a booth with the Sunday Plain Dealer, ordered up a pitcher of mojitos, and some food (I highly recommend the chorizo and potato quesadilla big plate and also the miso soup) and started brunching.

Jarvis left at shortly before 2 p.m. to go play volleyball. We agreed to call him if we decided to walk somewhere else so he would know where to pick us up by 4 p.m.

After a couple of mojito pitchers, we switched over to some powerful blue margaritas...also very tasty...and managed to pass the next two hours there talking, eating (we ordered more food... nachos), drinking and just enjoying one another's company, catching up with each other. A nice mellow ending to an activity-packed weekend...exactly what I needed!

Jarvis came back to fetch us, amused that we never did leave there. We convinced him to drive us out to Crocker Park in hopes of touring models of the new townhomes there. No such luck...no models to be seen, but Steve did treat me to more deliciousness...a double chocolate cupcake at Barnes & Noble. YUM!

No comments: