Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Meet Mike W.


This is Mike. He lives on my desk. I rescued him from our garage sale this summer after misguidely thinking I could make a quarter off of him. No one bought him. I felt guilty. I took him out of the "quarter box" and let him move into my workstation.

Mike has been a regular photo subject of my camera phone snapshots. In fact, he's become so popular with my friend, Spice, that on the days I'm at the office, she waits to get the "Daily Mike." He has all sorts of wacky adventures at work. This shot isn't anything out of the ordinary for him. He's a nut!

At one point, I had thought about doing a blog called "The Daily Mike," in hopes he might become even more famous than Travelocity's ubiquitous gnome. But seeing that he's linked to one of the most inflexible (and likely equally as litigious) entertainment conglomerates in the world, I decided I didn't want the "mousy" legal eagles ferreting out my humble blog and sending me a cease and desist order on Mike's and my creative contributions.

He will, however, be a regular sight on this blog. Who knows where you will find him next. Or what antics he'll be doing.

No comments: