Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tale of Two Cities...

Evidence of the years of ongoing rivalry between Pittsburgh fans and Cleveland diehards -- from a Pittsburghian point of view.

Being highly sports apathetic, these items -- found in the "Hometown Sports" store in Pittsburgh's Station Square -- made me giggle. Plus I've had a lifetime of saturation in Pittsburgh sports. My mom grew up in that area and both my grandfather and uncle were huge Steelers and Pirates fans, as are a number of aunts, uncles and cousins. My dad grew up an hour away along the Ohio River and until recent years was a Steelers fan, as well. I remember owning a Steelers shirt in the 6th grade...and wearing it...in Browns country.

Take heart, however, dear Browns fans -- my dad has defected and now roots for the Dawgs.

Posted in the spirit of the preseason.

May the best team win.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

That's actually pretty funny.