Thursday, August 7, 2008

Trolley Ride with the Old Folks

I'll confess...I'm a Northeast Ohio native, and I've never ridden Lolly the Trolley.

And I'll also confess that I've consistently believed these vehicles simply meander through the streets at low speeds and have no "get up and go."

Until tonight.

I'll now admit I was wrong.
As part of a charity outing to benefit the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital and Providence House, my friends, Brenda and Cheryl, and I took the trolley from Lakewood to downtown Cleveland along the west Shoreway to see Mamma Mia (the musical not the movie) at Playhouse Square.

We might as well have been riding top speed in a convertible. The wind whipped us in every direction. Talk about a crazy ride along the lakeshore.


We couldn't stop laughing. By the time we reached the theater, our sides hurt...and I clutched a wadded up tissue in my hands as I had laughed so hard, I was crying.


I'll never call Lolly the Trolley slow again. Its speed has been duly noted.

No comments: