Tuesday, July 15, 2008

He's Watching You!

Chicago is a city full of great restaurants.

But when you travel with a picky 9 year old and don't want to have mealtime strife, you make reluctant accommodations even if your borderline foodie sensibilities are screaming to do otherwise. Or it could be a long vacation.

That's why we had dinner at the Mity Nice Grill at Watertower Place Saturday evening. Food wasn't bad but not necessarily thrilling, either...although Scott and I both enjoyed the reuben eggrolls...an interesting, and tasty, twist on a standard appetizer. I tried to eat healthy (maybe that's why my meal wasn't thrilling?) and got the roasted chicken, rice pilaf and broccoli for dinner. Good enough but I bet I would have enjoyed my meal more if I had ordered the signature mac and cheese! I could have ignored cholesterol content for one night...sigh.

Evan loved the place. Chicken tenders. Fries. And even better...a PLACEMAT THAT TURNED INTO A MASK!

Now how creepy is that?!?!

No comments: