Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Tale of Two Glasses...or just call me Maude...

Or rather one pair of glasses and two different wearers.
Kate got these kickass specs at the office today as a sample from a promotions company. She's been charged with the enviable (unenviable?) for locating glasses like "Dwight Schrute" wears on The Office.

Why? Because the actor who plays Dwight, Rainn Wilson, is making a guest appearance at one of our client's showrooms at an upcoming trade show in June (no...I don't get to meet him...much to my dismay. Why? Because I am the person on the account team who is holding down the fort at the office that week...I'm the part timer. That's why. Nevermind the fact The Office is one of my favorite shows) But I digress...and grumble...

Anyhow....in the box of Schrute-worthy eyewear samples was this fine, fine pair. Stamped oh so alluringly on the stem...AND LENS... with a DuPont logo to show us the various ways they could be promotionalized.

We both coveted them. They have that certain diner waitress-esque je ne sais quois, do they not? So we did what good friends sometimes do...we shared them.

But then...trouble ensued. ;)
I forgot I had them on (I was wearing my contacts today and could see perfectly through the non-prescription lenses) and was accused of trying to steal them. (Ok...jokingly accused....I think).
Kate wanted them back. They were too foxy to let them slip away. And besides...she did see them first.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just ordered a sweet Dwight Schrute for President shirt from www.PantherTees.com. They have tons of stuff from The Office. They said not to tell anyone, but here is a 10% discount code, “pts10“ (it’s case sensitive, so copy and paste it). Enjoy!