Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's the End of the World as We Know It...

Last night I went to see Wicked at Playhouse Square.

While wandering around the mezzanine during intermission, hoping the line for the ladies' room would die down... I saw the most remarkable sight.

At first, I couldn't quite believe my eyes...a line of men. I knew they couldn't be waiting for the bar, as there was none in the general vicinity. I kept looking at them, trying to place why they would be standing in line like that.

Then it dawned on me. They were...GASP...waiting to the use the restroom, or as the sign shows the facilities deemed for use by "Gentlemen."

This was the middle part of the queue, which continued on inside the men's lounge, extended out past the gentlemen so ill-fated to make it into my snapshot and halfway down the mezzanine seating rows of doors. In fact, the line was so long, the fellas at the end were practially standing back to back with their female counterparts waiting patiently in line at the "Ladies" room.

How many times in lifetime do you truly see parity in the restroom line at intermission?

I had to take note.

No comments: