Saturday, February 16, 2008

Don't It Make My Pancakes Blue...

I am not a pancake eater. Never have been. But Evan...that's another story. He loves pancakes and loves to help make them.

Thing is, plain ol' lightly browned pancakes just don't cut it with him.

He needs a lil' more glam with his Saturday breakfast. Thank goodness for neon food coloring.

This morning, he and his dad mixed up this rather unique batch of pancake batter.The little man was quite pleased with his color selection. So much so that he yelled for me to come down and bring my camera phone.

The color wasn't quite as muddy looking in real life. This muted TEAL.

Yep...teal pancakes. I can't decide which looks less unappetizing, the bowl of batter or the actual product in the skillet.

It's not helping my lifelong aversion to them. Give me French toast or an omelette any time, hands down!

No comments: