Sunday, March 23, 2008

Two Live Shows

It was a week of live music...and I LOVE live music.

First...a fabulous St. Patrick's Day show by Carbon Leaf at the Beachland Ballroom. Barry Privett, Terry Clark and the other boys out of Richmond, VA, rocked the hall with a cool line-up of Celtic-inspired tunes. Kinda of a once-in-a-lifetime show, according to Barry...it's not their usual setlist.


But it sure was fun!


Wednesday night -- another show... Matt Nathanson at the House of Blues. I've seen Matt live before, and he's always entertaining. I found this show at HOB to be a little lackluster musically...he's becoming increasingly more commercial. His show at the Beachland Ballroom last September was hands down the better of his recent Cleveland showings. Still, we had a great time and he does have a great stage presence.

On Friday night, I could have seen another band, local indie folk rockers, The Magpies, at Put-In-Bay Lakewood. A friend was urging me to come out to see them...but it was snowing heavily, I was in sweats watching TV in my comfy chair and it was late. I declined, opting for an extra couple hours of snooze time instead.
I do want to check out The Magpies sometime soon. I've heard good things about them.

No comments: